Friday, November 30, 2007

Daisy's prayer

Tuesday night I was putting the kids to bed and as I tucked Daisy in I looked at my finger and realized I didn't have my wedding ring on. I thought to myself that I didn't remember taking it off. So I went into my drawer where I put it and it wasn't there. I got a little panicked so I looked all through the drawer. I keep all my jewelry in the top drawer so I took it all out and it was gone. I started walking through the house. I went out to the family room and saw the towels still on the floor from C & L's bath. I thought I probably took it off when I put their lotion on. Well it was nowhere on the floor. I knew C found it and who know where it would be. Jeff was gone when this happened so I went into the girls room and asked if they had seen it. So they got up and looked for a little bit but I then told them to go back to bed. By now, I was crying and looking everywhere! In the back of my head I kept thinking go say a prayer, but I didn't. Jeff came home and I was trying to tell him why I was crying. So he started looking through all of Coopers cars on the floor. Anyways, about an hour later, I found it. It was on my floor under my bed next to one of Cooper's hot wheels. I was so happy. I went in to tell Daisy because I knew she would still be worrying about it. Her response was so sweet and innocent that I once again started to cry. She said "I know, I said a prayer." I'm so thankful for her and her understanding of prayer and that she had so much faith that if she said a prayer I would find my ring. She taught me a lesson that night.

6 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

that is adorable. it made me cry. i want kids.

JaNae said...

That is so sweet! Don't you love kids faith? I wish they would always be like that. & Would you ask her to say a prayer for my wedding ring it's been missing for about a year now.

Holly said...

Seriously, the faith of children is amazing! Brett lost his wallet when he'd been out riding his quad and hiking around in the wilderness. We went back to look for it and we knew it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. J said a prayer and Brett found it shortly after. Crazy! Glad you found your ring! I wish we could find Brett's, but it's at the bottom of Lake Powell and that's never going to happen!

Kelli said...

I'm so happy you found your ring. Its a make you completely sick to your stomach moment. Thank you Daisy for your faith.

The Burtons said...

What a sweetheart! Aren't kids the best?! What would we do without them?

The Wilkins' said...

That brought tears to my eyes. What a sweetheart! I'm glad you found your ring! I would have died!