Friday, August 1, 2008

I swore I would never....

buy my kids character clothes or shoes. I'm ok with pj's & underwear being characters but that's it.
But look how happy he is! I couldn't refuse. We put them on and told him to walk around the store. He was walking with his head down so he could see McQueen when he walked. He was so happy. He even wore them out of the store and has worn them all day. The white string was still on from the tags. We were getting out of the car tonight he said, "McQueen, buddy." Jeff wasn't excited about my purchase until he said that and it made him laugh so I'm not in trouble anymore. Enjoy them Coop cause I'm sure when you go to kindergarten, you're not getting character shoes.

7 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

haha look at that face, he's so dang cute! easy pleasures!

Holland said...

i feel the same way about character stuff. but you just can't resist when they are so happy and proud of it.

*~Ali~* said...

I never buy character shoes either but I took Van with me to Payless and he saw those same shoes. He put them on and would not take them off! So, I had to buy them. He even slept with them on that night. I just have to hide them on Sundays!

Kelli said...

He is cute and you can tell he loves them! I'm glad you're not in trouble anymore {wink}.

I am anti-characters on clothes and shoes also except for jammies and undies just like you! I have yet to give in and am ridiculed often for it!

Nikki said...

I never bought Character clothing neither. However, you did good thise time.Look at how thrilled he is.

Terin said...

That is so funny. I know what you mean about character clothes. And isn't it the truth that they make kids happoer than anything

Laura Earl said...

I saw this post and just laughed....because we did the exact same thing for Gordon. You have to give in every now and then...that is what makes life exciting :)