Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandma Hansen

This picture was taken a couple of years ago but it was the only one I could find with all my kids together. And baby Avery and my mom.

My grandma Hansen (my moms mom) passed away this morning. My uncle took her to the hospital on Sunday afternoon. She stayed there until Wednesday evening. I picked my mom and Aunt JaNae up at the airport on Tuesday afternoon. They headed over to the hospital to see her. My grandma told the nurses about her daughters in Arizona, but when they came she didn't recognize them as her daughters. It makes me sad to think about it, but I am so thankful that it went fast and she isn't suffering anymore. They moved her to a nursing home Wednesday night. Cooper and I went on Thursday, but she was out of it and didn't know we were there. She fell asleep Thursday afternoon, and passed away on Friday morning at 11am. My mom called me Friday morning about 9 and told me grandmas was going. Cooper and I went back over and I stayed there until she passed away. It was so peaceful in the room and I am glad I was able to be there, and I am so thankful Cooper was so nice. In fact this is what he looked like the whole time. He sat in a chair and watched cartoons. I explained to him what was happening to grandma and we were going to go say goodbye to her. Obviously she was asleep, but he said goodbye to her.
I am also so thankful that I took my girls over to my grandparents house the Friday night before she went to the hospital. In fact, it was the last day that she was her "normal" self. I am grateful I had that feeling to go, because I was just there a couple days earlier with Cooper. I am glad They have a good last memory of her. I am so grateful for the Atonement in my life, and know we will see her again.

No comments: