Thursday, June 5, 2008

Elder Day is home!

Cooper anxiously awaiting the arrival of his uncle he hasn't met yet! His shirt says I'M WITH THE BAND. My mom found it for him. It was the perfect shirt for Uncle Randy. Elder Day still doing his missionary work all the way off the plane. We were yelling and screaming his name and he was so involved in his conversation with this guy. It was so cool! He is so stinkin' cute too and has the best personality!


Elder Day got to meet 2 new nephews, Cooper and Avery! The girls were so excited!
I love this picture! It totally shows their personalities! Randy being silly and Lindsay laughing. I think she was the most excited! She was giggling and smiling the whole time!
Lindsay thought she was strong enough to carry his suitcase. She wasn't.
We're so glad we got to be together as a family again! (We missed you Kristin and Brandon!) He got released that night which we all got to be there for.

So yes it was my birthday yesterday. I think it was so fun to have all my family around and laugh and have a good time and eat cake and ice cream!
Also I just have to add another thing about Randy. When we went to the stake presidents office, he asked a couple of us what we liked and missed about Randy. I think Devin summed it up best. He said that Randy is kind of like the glue that keeps our family together. It is so true. He is so happy all the time. I really don't ever remember a time in my life that he was grouchy or mean or anything. He has a positive attitude about everything and always has a smile on our face. Each one of us were so happy and excited for him to come home! We missed him but we know that he did the best thing he could have done for the last 2 years! Welcome home Wienie!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

That is so wonderful. I love the picture of them looking at each-other and smoching their faces.

JaNae said...

I can't believe Randy is home from his mission! In my brain he's still 2 yrs old- of course that's how I picture Gordon too. I'm so happy for you and your family! how fun & Happy Birthday!!

JakenDebbie said...

This one threw me for a loop. I can't believe that Randy is a return missionary!! It's funny how when you are away from everyone, you just picture them being the same as when you last saw them. To me "Elder Day" is Chad!! One of these days I am going to have to give in and realize that I'm getting old! :)

top knot extensions said...

I cant believe Randy is old enough to go on a mission let alone be HOME from one!!!!

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

i know it was your b-day...i was going to put up your own post...thanks for ruining it. j/k

princesspaypay said...

that is so exciting...i cant wait for my brother to come home, but he still has a year left...oh and happy birthday!!! ♥ stephanie

wendy said...

Unbelievable! There is no way that return missionary can be little Randy! Where does the time go?