Thursday, September 17, 2009
BYU Triple Crown
Every year BYU track & field put on a mile race for the elementary schools. They divide up by grade and gender. Daisy came home Monday and told me she wanted to do it. She never really had run a mile before so the past 2 nights we went out. Now her miles we like 16-18 minutes cause she kept wanting to walk so I actually wasn't too sure how it would go today.
Cooper was dancing to the music waiting for Daisy's turn.
Jillyn came to cheer her on and made her a sign. How nice. Daisy was excited about that.
Here she is at the starting line.
It was a cross country mile but they ended on the track. We told her to give it all she had at the end and she did.

See her finish time? 10 minutes. I was very proud of her for doing this. There are definitely some fast runners out there. She came in 22 out of 27 4th grader girls. It was alot of fun to watch and hope it's something she'll want to do next year. And I want Lindsay to try it. She was at a birthday party tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
good job daisy! you're so awesome!
and i'm the best aunt EVER!
Way to go Daisy!!!
Emmy is a cross country runner and she loves it. 10 minutes is a good mile!! I'd probably die half was through!!!
Wow! Way to go! Running is a great thing for kids (and adults - ha ha) to do. When they start young they develop a love for it!
Super Job Daisy!!!
Way to go! I think that is a faster mile than Matt can run! See you guys in 2 weeks!
That is awesome! Good Job Daisy! Looks like you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment