
YOU!
You are the person who has to decide whether you'll do it, or toss it aside.
You are the person who makes up your mind whether you'll lead or linger behind.
Whether you'll try for a goal that is far or be
contented to stay where you are.
Take it or leave it, there's something to do. Just think it over
IT'S ALL UP TO YOU!
Our camp theme was Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr.
Seuss. Each ward had a Dr.
Seussbook that went along with a
YW value. I went on the stake level as the Service and Crafts person. I have not been to camp since I was a
YCL. Let me tell you, I had the best time ever! Being in the stake staff cabin was so much fun! I met tons of new people and became better friends with those I already knew. I also had so much fun hanging out with my ward girls. I really think we have a great
ward. I was in
YW's and I miss seeing them all the time so it was fun to hang out at their cabin and laugh. I enjoyed the time away from my family. I don't mean that in a bad way. I just came home feeling refreshed and uplifted and feel like I can be a better mom, friend and wife. But I did miss my kids and hubby like crazy! I left Saturday morning and got home Wednesday afternoon. That is the longest I have ever been by myself since I've been married. I told Jeff that if I get to go again he has to say yes! I learned so much and am so grateful for the chance to go.
7 comments:
I LOVED girls camp more as a leader than I ever did as a girl. It is so much fun being up there! I'm glad you had a great time!
Yay for you Devry! What a fun break! I'm glad to read you had such a great time! I really like the theme!
Last year was my first year going to camp, I agree the best time with the girls. They are themselves and none of the girlie drama. So much fun. I love the theme as well
I am so glad you had fun! I go on Wednesday...wish me luck!
Camp was a lot of FUN wasn't it! You did a great job with the crafts/service too! I am so excited that I got to know you better! Did you get my invite for my blog?
What a cute theme for camp! We just got back. I love girls camp not only do you bond with the girls and all the leaders but it gives your own testimony that boost that it needs. Glad you had a good time. What was your craft?
Girl's Camp is the best! We just had ours last week as well. It's always amazing!!
So...I wanted to let you know that we made our blog private, but I didn't have your email address to include you on the list. If you want, email me so I can put you on there. fishymartin@gmail.com
Post a Comment