Monday, June 9, 2008

Pics from our Utah trip

I have so many pictures to post so I am going to do a little at a time. Here we are on the way up. Did I mention my kids were perfect for 11 hours? I have to brag cause that just doesn't happen! My mom copied a map for them and she highlighted the route we were taking. Every hour or so she would mark how far we went and she would give them a present. She went to the dollar store and got coloring books, crayons, cars, etc. Some of the presents were snacks. That made the trip fun. We used to do that when we were little. We drove through Jacobs Lake. This is Lee's Ferry bridge. It was sooooooooo windy! I had on a knit dress and I got out and the wind blew my dress up to my face! I was laughing so hard because this RV just pulled up and I'm sure they had quite the view! What is even funnier is when I was putting Cooper back in his car seat the RV was leaving and as they passed my dress flew up again. Just in case they didn't get a good peek before:)! We celebrated Brandon's birthday! I'm sure he was so excited that we got to drive up on his birthday. We did it just for him!:)
Jillyn and Brandon took us to Cabella's in Lehi. I took a lot more cool pictures here but I don't want to bore anyone. The kids loved looking at the animals. Upstairs they had a "shooting range". They have guns and you can shoot different targets. Lindsay could barely see over the counter and the guns were so stinkin heavy and she was shooting the ceiling. Every once in a while she would hit a target. She actually did as good as me and I was actually trying. I'm not a good aim at all.
I wish you could read this better. It is my great grandmas's grave. Her name was Daisy Belle Kirkham Christensen. That's who Daisy is named after. I had never taken her there before. I was glad I was able to take her to the Lehi cemetery with my uncle, grandma and grandpa. I have a lot of ancestores buried there and is was neat to see where they were and have my grandma tell me stories about each one.
When I took a picture of the girls in their cute dresses, Cooper was feeling a bit left out I guess. He jumped up on the bench and said "Mom, cheese!" I love the under bite!
I hope that wasn't too boring. I'll post more later.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

How neat for Daisy to see her namesakes grave and to be told more about her I'm sure! I'm glad you had a great time and even happier to see you on blog again!

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

it's NEVER boring to hear what's going on in your life...even when i was there. come play again...better yet, just move. i hate it here, so boring.

JaNae said...

not boring, especially for those of us missing that part of our lives. How fun and did I mention that I'm not jealous at all?