Monday, December 8, 2008

Northwest Lineman College

So this was the reason for our trip. (see post below) We haven't told too many people this yet, but we are officially moving! We have been trying to figure out a career change for us for awhile now and I feel truly blessed that we have been led in this direction. Jeff will attend the Northwest Lineman College in May. It is in Meridian, ID. It is a 4 month program and then we will look for a job with a power company where Jeff can be a lineman. We went and took a tour of the school and talked to some people. Jeff got accepted to the program a couple of months ago, but we didn't tell too many people just in case it didn't turn out to be what we wanted, But after visiting the school, I am so excited for Jeff and I know he is going to do great! After his school is done in August, we have no clue where we will go. Wherever Jeff gets a job is where we will go. It is a little scary not knowing the future, but I can tell you that when we were in Idaho, I knew we were doing the right thing and if we have faith the Lord will lead us in the right direction.
See all those poles? Yep my husband is going to be climbing those. They spend 2 hours a day in the classroom and the other 8 hours is out in the field learning hands on. That is going to be Jeff's favorite part. I can tell he is so excited to do this. A little nervous but that is expected. I know he will do great!
What we do know: Our house is for sale! So spread the word. We would like to be able to join Jeff in Idaho when school is out. We will just rent an apartment for the summer. When his program is done, if we don't have a job right away, we will start the kids in school there and find a job. Jeff has to do a 4 year apprentice program first. So this means we could be far far away. But once he is a journeyman, he can pretty much go anywhere. If we feel like we need to come back home to AZ then we will. But Jeff and I absolutely loved Boise! If we had a chance to move back there after 4 years, we would do it in a heart beat! We love our friends and family. That by far is going to be the worst part of this whole thing. But we need to do what we can for our own little family. We are super excited and thankful to our friends and family that have supported us in this adventure! We'll keep you updated!


17 comments:

Holly said...

Holy smokes! My aunt lives in Meridian and I LOVE it there too! We'll miss you guys, for sure!

Kelli said...

I have thought about you all weekend. I was going to call you last night but figured 10:32pm was a little late! Yes that is the exact time I thought to call! Random...I know!

I'm so glad your trip was great and that your excitement is building! There is nothing more satisfying then the feeling of doing what you know is right! Congratulations to your whole family! What an adventure.

dustin and amy said...

Good luck! Isn't blogging wonderful? Even though you are moving far, far away I can still keep in touch through blogging.

Jenny said...

It looks like you guys had a way good time, it is so fun to be away without any kids and get some real together time! I hope for you guys your house sells quick so you don't have to worry about it but Kendall will miss her preschool! Congratulations!!

Emily said...

OMG! I am so excited for you! I loved moving out of the Valley!

Michelle said...

Yeah! Devry i know your heart and i love that you are building the dream! It's been so much fun getting to know you better these past couple of years! Can't wait to hear all the updates! Jeff will do fantastic! He's a HALL!! :)

Carla Lara said...

How exciting for you! What a great opportunity for your family! It's always exciting to start something new! Congratulations!

JakenDebbie said...

Good luck with all the upcoming changes! Coming from someone who lives away from all of her family...it's okay. Of course there are times I wished we lived closer, but like you said, you have to do what is right for your little family. Everything else just works in where it needs to. :)

I love the picture of your kids at the top -- they are adorable!! You have a great family!!

Tricia said...

wow! Idaho! Brrrr! haha! My room mate from college was from meridian! That will be a fun experience for you and your family! Congrats and good luck to you!

Broadbent Family said...

That's so exciting. We have loved our adventure away from home. I'm glad you found a place that you really love too! Congrats!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

I love Idaho to and would love to live there someday. Congrats and good luck!

Nikki said...

I wish you guys the best. You are going to be missed by many that is for sure.

My World said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I hope everything does work out great for you. Idaho will be blessed to have you and we will sorely miss you!

top knot extensions said...

Oh my word!!! The good thing is we have blogs to keep up with eachother since we never see eachother with you being so close! I am excited for you guys!!!

The Burtons said...

Seriously, if you have to move somewhere Boise is a great place! I wish I could swoop down and buy your house today! Too bad we are stuck here! I wish you the best of luck! It will all work out!

wendy said...

OMG! I can't believe it. I haven't been bloggin' for awhile and you go and decide to move. WOW! How exciting for you guys.

Melissa Bosen said...

Devry! Even though we don't see each other very often anymore, it makes me really, really sad to think of you moving away!
Idaho is awesome though and we always talk about retiring there someday because of the mountains and lakes.
Marie (Slade) Chesley is in Boise and Dana (Dillon) Jones is in McCall, which is a couple of hours away I think. You will be in good company! Also, an awesome lady in our ward has a sister who lives in Meridian. Let me know if you want her information.